Sunday, September 25, 2005

News at last

No sooner than I finished putting the last entry in this blog, than the cell vibrated in my pocket. I fished it out and flipped it open to find my sister on the other end. She was weeping. I finally got out of her between sobs that they had contacted a neighbour after he got a connection and that even though a lot of trees and a good portion of town are history, the house is relatively unscathed.

I do hope that in their haste to return (they were getting water and gas and getting on the road) that they don't run into the type of thing they had during evacuation. I know it's normal to want to get back to your home, but sometimes when disaster like this strikes, and there is no power and safe drinking water, it can be best to wait a little. But I think they will be ok. Someone has their back. I am so relieved for them.

1 comment:

s-fallow said...

I am so glad to read that your sister's fam is okay and that they have a home to which they can return.

Sending best wishes your way as well...

Love,
S