Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's 7 pm. My sister just called, in tears. She reached the police dispatcher in Silsbee, and the town is under martial law. A dawn to dusk curfew is in effect, and people are not allowed to go back into town. Looting has already begun. What didn't blow away will probably not be there when they get back. The dispatcher said she has not gotten a report from the street where my sister lives, but the entire town looks like a bomb went off. The worst part here is that they don't know what to do.

The weather alarm just came on the local station here. There is a possible tornado on the ground two counties south of here. I'm trying to decide what to do here. I have the emergency bag by the door and the cat kennel ready. This is insane.

1 comment:

Annime said...

Thanks for posting the truth about Silsbee. I have been for 4 days trying to get State and Federal officials to help with the relief problems.

My story of how we rode out Hurricane Rita in Silsbee is on my blog called "Annime".

Cheers, Annime