Friday, March 25, 2005

Spring Cleaning

I wish I could get into spring cleaning, but it isn't there for me. This is one time that I really feel 180 out from everyone else. I'm fighting allergies of some kind, but I'm not going to go through a battery of tests to find out the culprit. It will pass. Might be the Bradford Pear trees, because they have been beautiful this week, or it could be all the daffodils. I love spring flowers, and I would love to get out there and dig in the dirt and plant some stuff. Ain't gonna happen. My eyes are watering and my nose keeps stopping up even when I'm indoors. Benedryl is my friend...up to a point. When other people are feeling lively and coming out of the winter doldrums, I am staying in the house. And why should I stir up the dust to add to my misery? Spring cleaning can wait until fall. *sniff*


******

Yogurt covered raisins are pretty good.

******

Toby is one of my cats. He is a real treasure, most of the time, and right now he's sitting in my lap, paws around my neck, being a love. Before I got my new clothes dryer, I had a large drying rack that stood in the kitchen. Toby decided to use it for his personal training device, climbing it on a regular basis. I christened it Mount Washmore. I have no idea how Toby could climb this thing, as it's made of round dowel rods spaced about a foot apart, and it stands about four feet tall. Also, Toby has no claws, but that never stops him. That bad boy can run straight up the door facings too, sliding back down like he's on a fire pole. He's a little pissed off at me now because Mount Washmore has disappeared into the storage shed, so he has retaliated by climbing through the mini-blinds whenever I'm involved in something where I can't get to him. Keeps me entertained.

Ringo is the other cat, and he and the Tobester are best buds. At least twice a day, they make this apartment into the Indy 500. A couple of furry streaks flying over my shoulder as they CATapult over the loveseat and over my head into the hall and disappear under the bed. At rest, Ringo doesn't look like he could move that fast at all. A Morris look-alike, this big ginger tom has a passion for yogurt. Although, he doesn't like my yogurt raisins. It's a good thing to have a couple of fine cats around the house.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Spring Cleaning... I am with you, leave it until Fall. I mean you will have people coming to your house all winter for Holidays anyway, if you are smart convince people to meet you in a park or something. Unless of course you live in the park, then that would be your house, and it would not be clean, would it?

Um... my head hurts now. Enjoy the Yogurt Raisins.