Monday, October 03, 2005

Free at last, free at last...

I just paid off my final car note. I took a small leap of faith that a large check I've been expecting from a client would be here soon, and paid it off. Now that Inferno Red 2000 Plymouth Breeze is mine, all mine. Lock stock and single barrel carb. Hooo-ahhhh.

This comes one day short of five years since my infamous rollover through the cottonfields of Arkansas. That car was paid off, too. I almost am afraid to go out and drive it, for fear of the prospect of something happening to this one, too. But, this is why a person pays insurance, no?

Off I go, to the post office. I will try to not let this joyous occasion make me too complacent about my driving.

I shall be blasting the music of the Daredevil album in celebration!

No comments: