Monday, July 16, 2007

Another fun filled week

Today was my annual checkup at the dentist. I had the bite-wing xrays, a cleaning, and an exam by the the dentist, who informed me that one of my old fillings in the back has decay next to it, and will have to be reworked. That will not happen until next month, thank goodness. Just the visit today was $116. I have no dental insurance, and the VA won't work on your teeth unless you have a 100% disability rating.

Tonight I wash clothes and pack my bag for a three day stay at the Memphis VA. Tuesday, they will do the preliminary tests like the INR for my clotting levels, and to make certain I don't have any infections. Wednesday, they will do the outpatient procedure to put in the portacath. Thursday, they will give me the next iron treatment. This will allow me to ride the DAV van over on Tuesday and stay in the hoptel room two nights and come back on the van Thursday. Anything to spare me the gasoline and the nightmare of parking once I get there.

I have gone to the library and checked out the cd abridged version of The Da Vinci Code because I am too lazy to read it. I also downloaded some games to play on the laptop, and have a real book to read. Anything to keep me occupied. I'll report all the wonderfully boring details Friday or so.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Bogey continues to make himself more and more at home. He seems to like everyone else, and he doesn't get hissed at anymore. He and Harley are really close, and I noticed last night that he was making the same sort of gutteral sounds Harley does. Sort of a low mmmmrrrrrt. Really sweet to see him get comfortable.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Good luck at the hospital. I hope it all goes well.

Arthur does that little mmmmrrrrrt thing too. It's a wonderful sound. I'm pleased that Bogart is settling so well.

wonda said...

Alice,
I am beginnning to feel that we are twins born at different year. My pc also went cranky and had to be rebooted many times. It finally crashed on July 22nd and I couldn't retrieve all my files.