Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tied up in knots

This evening, my friend K and I worked on our collaboration for a quilt contest that I want to enter. Actually, we are working on two quilts; one with her artwork, and one with her fiance's art. This is what you see here.

I decided to fill in some of the border space with Celtic knotwork. There won't be gaps in it, that's just where I dropped the repeats to see how they would fit. Adjustments will be made to fit the space. I haven't completely decided if I will do it with bias tape woven in and out, or if I will do it with quilting stitches to be less competitive with the interior art, which is rather elaborate on its own. I think I will have to get the center done first, then figure that out.

All I know is that I must get cracking on it. The jury slides have to be in by May 2.

No comments: