Sunday, December 09, 2007

A good read

As noted a couple of posts ago, a friend has managed to have her first book published. It's now available at major booksellers, so go order one! Northlander, by Meg Burden. A really good fantasy book suitable for young readers, and don't take my word for it, read the review here.

I went into the local Barnes & Noble and as I was ordering the book, casually mentioned that this was a new author/first published book, and that, btw, she is a friend of mine, and her editor has already asked her for the outline of the next in the series. This piqued the interest of the lady behind the counter, who then said she would order a couple extra for the shelf in the store. Yay!

So, my copy has arrived, and the book is fascinating. I've never been a huge fantasy reader, but I find myself at the end of a chapter at three in the morning and must make myself go to bed. The characters are very believable, and the storyline keeps twisting around enough that you don't second-guess it.

Highly recommend this book. Meg Burden might be the next JK Rowling.

2 comments:

North Moon said...

Northlander...sounds familiar.
Any northmoon involved? ;-) *kidding*

I'll give it a try. I'm a huge fantasy reader.

wonda said...

Alice,
You should try writing too. I believe you have the talent.